- Can you make this simple? What is my monthly rate?
Depending on the plan you choose your monthly rate will range from $49.99 per month to $129.99 per month. For a limited time receive $10 off your monthly total for the first 3 months on select plans◊. It's a great benefit to help you get started as you transition to the ease and speed of satellite internet technology.
- What are the requirements for the best pricing?
- To get the best pricing on a monthly basis, we require a two-year commitment for service because this is how we are able to offer you the lowest monthly rate. Should you choose to start, but then cancel a two-year commitment, early termination fees are in effect.
- We require a major credit card or debit card to purchase the plan.
- We require that you purchase or lease HughesNet service and equipment.
- We have a minimum activation period where your HughesNet service must remain active.
- Our pricing involves promotional rebates that must be mailed in by expiration date.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Our special promotions are void where prohibited by law.
- Ask your customer service representative for all details.
- Are the speeds I see stated guaranteed at all times no matter what?
There are logical reasons why no one can guarantee top speeds in all situations. We state maximum speeds that are in range but can be reduced. Technology performance is contingent upon the configuration of your computer(s), how many other users are online at the same time as you, traffic congestion on the network or on the Internet, and other factors.The maximum potential speeds of each level of service stated here can at times be reduced, for example, at peak times. Stated speeds and uninterrupted use of service are not guaranteed because we can't control all global and space variables. During peak hours, actual upload and download speed will likely be lower than speeds indicated. Overall, your experience should be an excellent one but we do want to provide you with as much information as possible.
- What is included with a professional installation?
- The HughesNet satellite modem (Indoor Unit or IDU) with power supply will be connected to your computer with a HughesNet-supplied LAN cable.
- A HughesNet satellite antenna (dish), radio, and mount will be located:
- With a clear line of sight to the southern sky.
- At least 4 feet off the ground so that it is out of reach of small children.
- So that it is accessible with a 24- to 25-foot ladder for quick and easy servicing should it ever be required. This is usually on the first level of the residence.
- Up to 125 feet of dual RG-6 cable will be run from the antenna outside to the computer inside through a single exterior wall penetration to an adjacent interior wall. It will then be terminated on the inside wall with a two-connector faceplate.
- A grounding block is provided and the entire system is grounded to an NEC-approved bonding point.
- All outdoor penetrations and water-resistant compression fitting are thoroughly weather-sealed.
- How quickly will I be up and running?
In many cases, next day installation is available. When you call and subscribe to HughesNet now, our sales representative will work with you over the phone and schedule your installation for the first available time, getting you connected as soon as possible.
- Can the HughesNet -certified installer set up my home network and wireless router?
If you'd like, you can inquire if this option is available at an additional cost through your installer when you set your installation appointment. However, home networks are not included or supported by HUGHES technical support.
- What's not included in a standard installation?
- Custom work, including moldings or cosmetic hardware to hide cables, and non-penetrating roof, pole or chimney mounts (Be sure to discuss complex installations with your installer prior to work beginning).
- Removal or repair of previously mounted equipment (this work may be performed with a signed Waiver of Liability).
- Mounting to a roof structure that exceeds one story in height.
- Pole mount for cosmetic purposes (the pole mount is only included in a standard installation if needed to gain a clear view of the Southern sky).